Download the CDN Joomla plugin http://download.nonumber.nl/?ext=cdnforjoomla *Please note – The CDN for Joomla! plugin is free, however the Pro version which offers SSL support is not.
- Login to your Joomla admin, e.g. yourwebsite.com/administrator
- Click “Extensions” on the top-bar and select “Extension Manager”
- Within the Upload & Install Joomla Extension, select “Choose File”, grab the CDN for Joomla plugin you downloaded, and hit “Upload & Install”
- Select “System” in the top-bar and click “Clear Cache”.
- Select “Clear Cache”, tick all the cache files, and hit “Delete” – This will purge all your stored cached files, forcing your domain to pull assets from the CDN.
Changes should take effect instantly – Go to your website and open an image in a new window, the URL will show that content is now being served from the CDN. Alternatively, check your code by right-clicking and selecting View Page Source to see assets coming from the CDN.